Two sections of the Snowy Mountains Highway are now closed due to the Dunns Road fire.
The highway is closed between Adelong and the Hume Highway.
Residents are still able to leave the area through Adelong but cannot enter the Snowy Mountains Highway from the Hume Highway.
The Snowy Mountains Highway is also closed between Tumut and Adaminaby.
Many other roads in the area remain closed In and around the Snowy Mountains including:
- Gilmore to Batlow and Tumbarumba – Batlow Road is closed
- Adelong to Rosewood – Wondalga Road
- Green Hills to Courabyra – Lower Bago Road/Taradale Road
- All roads in the Kosciuszko National Park are closed including
- Jindabyne to Khancoban – Alpine Way
- Jindabyne to Charlotte Pass – Kosciuszko Road
- Paddys River to Khancoban – Swampy Plains Creek Road/Tooma Road/Snow Ridge Road/Goat Ridge Road/Elliott Way
Holbrook to Jingelic – Jingelic Road is closed.
A number of smaller local roads are also closed in the South Coast and Snowy Mountains areas, and many roads crossing the New South Wales-Victorian border are also closed, including the Monaro Highway between Rockton and Cann River (Victoria).
Anyone who needs to travel is advised to take extreme care, be prepared for conditions to change quickly and follow the directions of emergency services personnel.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com, download the Live Traffic NSW app or call 132 701.
For the latest public transport information, visit www.transportnsw.info or call 131 500.